1. The Lincoln County 4-H Leaders Association, Inc., may award two $500 scholarships to qualified applicants. This award must be used for programs of study at any accredited college, university, or technical college.
2. The applicant must be currently enrolled as a Lincoln County 4-H member. Members who are graduating from high school or are currently attending a college or university are eligible to apply.
3. To be considered for this scholarship, applications are due November 1 as part of the part of the Older Youth Opportunities Resume Process (see 2016-2017 Older Youth Opportunities Resume Guide). See application process below.
- Scholarship awards will be based upon the quality of the personal application and essay, scholastic and leadership achievements, and financial need.
- A committee composed of at least one representative of the 4-H Board of Directors, one 4-H volunteer from Merrill area and one 4-H volunteer from the Tomahawk area will evaluate and decide on scholarship recipients. The committee should be made up of an odd number of members.
6. Announcement of the scholarship will be made by letter to the recipient.
7. The recipient will be paid the $500 award by the Lincoln County 4-H Leaders Association, Inc. when the Association has received written notification that the recipient has completed one grading period of study and is registered for the second period of study. Written notification would consist of a grade report from the first period of study and a copy of the registration for classes for the second period of study. The notification shall be sent to the Lincoln County 4-H, UW-Extension, 801 N Sales Street, Merrill, WI 54452.
Applications are due November 1 as part of the part of the Older Youth Opportunities Resume Process (see 2016-2017 Older Youth Opportunities Resume Guide).